A Link-up approved rail civil engineering contractor, we have a wealth of specialist experience and unrivalled understanding of the rail industry needs. Our rail civil engineering services cover project planning and design, project management, product development and a range of civil engineering and maintenance services to railway assets and applications including:
- Station platforms
- Station car parks and access roads
- Station buildings
- Concourse, canopies and ticket offices
- Maintenance Delivery Units (MDUs).
Our managers and site staff have real experience of working in the practical rail environment, which means we have the ability to assess how designs, site restrictions and timing will affect the construction phase on a wide range of rail civil engineering and construction schemes.
In addition, we understand the demands on the rail infrastructure and undertake work expediently and outside of high demand times to minimise the disruption to rail users and train operators.
Our highly skilled engineers – who hold Personal Track Safety certification (PTS) allowing them to work on or near Network Rail controlled infrastructure – undertake safe and efficient methods of working to deliver rail civil engineering projects on time and within budget. We also offer project advice, design and management.
Our rail civil engineering services include:
- Surfacing – specialist surface treatments and resurfacing
- Ancillary structures – concrete-free foundation for platform and track furniture and signage
- Buildings – refurbishment and maintenance of railway buildings
Our clients include working for rail operators, such as Network Rail and the London Overground, as well as Train Operating Companies (TOCs) and Freight Operating Companies (FOCs).
Innovating in the rail civil engineering environment
According to recent figures the British rail network is busier than ever with 2.75 million passenger journeys each day. Whilst rail maintenance work is vital, it is essential for rail contractors to carry out this work as quickly as possible and with little disruption to everyday rail travel.
As the demand for rail travel continues and the rail network expands the industry needs maintenance solutions from rail contractors who promote best practice, reduce trackside working times and increase health and safety rates. JPCS provides innovative maintenance and refurbishment solutions for existing railway infrastructure and new rail schemes through:
- Ensuring there is a clear understanding of the project from the outset, with particular attention to programming and delivery
- Continually innovating to provide the very best solutions. This has been repeatedly proven through our approach to project management, as well as the Groundscrew and microsurfacing products
- Offering a complete service, from our first meeting to the handover of a finished project
- Delivering the detail from concept through to construction and completion.
"The management team was very proactive in all aspects of the scheme, always prepared to go the extra mile to ensure a good end product was achieved."
Alan Loftus, Network Rail