JPCS Managing Director Peter Shone and Head of Professional Services Justin Davey have attended Krinner’s fourth World Alliance Meeting in Germany, representing Krinner Groundscrews in the UK.
Held in early June over three days, the conference provided an opportunity for Krinner partners worldwide to meet and share best practice. As well as an overview of the Krinner organisation from Mr Sauter, Krinner’s CEO, and a range of technical and partner presentations – including JPCS – partners were also able to take part in a cruise down the Danube into Austria (and back)!
Just some of the notable presentations and issues discussed at the conference included:
- Technical descriptions of use of trusses to deal with bending moment loads, particularly in tracking concentrated solar arrays
- Introduction of a new software package which measures and records installation torque for screws and allows this data to be downloaded and then analysed in Excel or visualised in graph form
- A new KRM measuring, pre-drilling and screw installation tracked robot – which can be operated without a driver!
- Introduction to a hydraulic hammer rig for spiking hard ground up to 1.7m deep, solving some of the issues associated with hard ground
- Unveiling of the new E-series Ground Screw for road signs. This new ground screw provides a single installation interface for multiple screw head configurations, allowing various diameters of circular post, and various sizes of rectangular post, as well as bespoke post cross-sections
- An outline of Krinner’s Foundation For the Future internal programme
- A demonstration of machines and techniques on Krinner’s demo park, including the spiking rig (pictured above) and the KRM robotic rig.
The importance of communication and collaboration amongst world partners and the role of social media was also one of the conference highlights, with JPCS’ social media management – particularly our Twitter feeds – held up as a model for good practice!
Peter Shone, managing director of JPCS said: “It was a pleasure and a privilege to attend the Krinner World Alliance Meeting. It was great to see such excellent representation from all the world partners – a good opportunity to share best practice between partners who are using Krinner products in a variety of applications.”