Solar Car Ports
A solar car port is an ideal solution to generate electricity for your home, business or electric car without having to mount solar panels on your roof. Car port solar is a flexible and sustainable solution to link renewable energy with electric cars, homes and businesses.
Car port solar technology has a number of benefits, including:
- Eligibility for Feed-in Tariff payments
- Charging station for your electric or hybrid vehicle
- Generating energy for your home, business or the grid
- Providing safe and practical shelter and storage.
JPCS specialises in ground engineering and framing systems for car port solar and provides a range of solar car ports, from traditional supported beam and post system to cantilever construction. We provide tailored solar car port products largely across three areas:
- Domestic solar car port – usually a timber frame solution for homeowners utilising the innovative Groundscrew foundation which can be installed in minutes and relocated. The domestic solar car port can be a single or double design and mount up to 16 solar panels, generating up to 50 per cent of the energy required for an average home, or providing car charging for electric vehicles
- Small commercial solar car port – usually a steel frame construction using helical piles for ethical/socially responsible businesses, or businesses with a small fleet of electric cars
- Large commercial solar car port – structurally engineered for high foundation loads using helical piles, aimed at socially responsible businesses as well as organisations with a large fleet of electric cars.
The solar car port design provides adequate space for the electrical installation, including inverters and cabling, as well as for intended use and storage. The solar car port is designed and constructed around each customer’s requirements and the pitch is flexible in view of the design (usually between 10° and 45°).
Solar car ports can be designed to integrate guttering and enable expansion, as well as mount a wide range of solar panel designs and types.
The following short video illustrates the process involved in the installation of the krinner ground screw, specifically in relation to a solar car port installation, including some of the benefits of the ground screw as an alternative to concrete foundations.