Safethaw™ is a powerful, natural liquid anti-icing and de-icing solution and an integral part of any winter maintenance plan. Safethaw™ effectively prevents the ice/pavement bond forming, as well as helping to prevent snow compaction, making the snow removal process easier. Safethaw™ is a unique blend of natural de-icing products and is 60 per cent less corrosive than rock salt, reducing risk to surfaces and surrounding areas.
Safethaw™ is ideal for use as part of winter maintenance programmes and is suitable for:
- Town centres
- Cycle ways
- Domestic driveways
- Raised structures
- Parking areas
- Access areas
- Public areas, such as shopping centres, equestrian facilities, hospitals, surgeries, and many more.
Application requires significantly reduced operational resource and time since areas can be treated faster than with traditional methods requiring rock salt.
Looking for an alternative solution for your winter maintenance plan? Safethaw™ is ideal for use as part of local authority winter maintenance programmes for treatment of pedestrian areas, complementing highway gritting.
Safethaw is sold in 1,000ltr IBCs.
- Anti-icing solution
- Instant de-icing down to -14ºC, preventing ice and snow from bonding to surfaces
- Consistent, accurate coverage of the target area
- Reduces snow compaction, facilitating the snow removal process
- Ease and speed of application using existing equipment
- Reduction in the operational cost and time caused by scraping and cleaning
- Surface retention and reactivation
- Addresses rock salt shortage issues by reducing volume of salt used
- 60 per cent less corrosive than salt – reduced deterioration of surfaces, when compared to rock salt
- Reduces the risk of winter related slips and trips that can cause injury and fatalities.
For more information, or to request a call back, please fill in the online enquiry form on the right.
Alternatively, you can contact us on 0845 3727248.
Innovation in Winter maintenance – Safethaw
Read about how Cambridgeshire County Council used Safethaw as a winter maintenance innovation.
“Cambridgeshire are innovative and embrace new ideas and feel that taking on Safethaw has been a good decision."
Richard Kingston, Cambridgeshire County Council