Late last year, I delivered a presentation at the “Potholes and Bottlenecks: Local Priorities for Improving the Road Network” Westminster Briefing event in London.
During the presentation, I talked about potholes – problems and solutions – including ways to help councils save money and avoid reconstruction. Here’s a snapshot of what was covered:
Innovative pothole materials and pavement recycling schemes: saving money by avoiding costly reconstruction
- The pothole problem – quick fix pothole repair culture leads to a vicious circle of more and more potholes
- The facts – one pothole for every mile of the UK, with compensation claims rising
- Public perception – potholes ranked 7 in top 10 list of the British public’s ‘bugbears‘
- The solution – long term approach, with waterproofing
- Case study: Cheshire West and Chester Council – Rejuvopatch®
- Case Study: Dudley Metropolitan Borough Counvil – Footway recycling
- In pictures: Sheffield and Cambridgeshire
Download a copy of the presentation: Potholes and Bottlenecks.